2021 National Women’s Month Celebration
The DOST-ASTI joins the 2021 National Women’s Month Celebration with the theme, "Juana Laban sa Pandemya: Kaya!"
Original post from the Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) Website
The 2021 National Women’s Month Celebration serves as a tribute, a platform, and a call to action that highlights the extraordinary roles of ordinary Juanas in society as trailblazers and harbingers of change. This celebration is also a venue to discuss and address the issues that women continue to face so empowerment can be fully achieved. The campaign is also a call for concrete, sustainable, and inclusive actions towards gender equality.
This year’s campaign is different from the previous ones because it is set in the COVID-19 pandemic backdrop, which posed both challenges and opportunities for women. Hence, this year’s observance highlights women’s participation in battling the pandemic as well as discusses gender issues exacerbated by the pandemic. It is the time to delve deep into the gender issues that emerged or become more felt during the health crisis, feature women who thrived despite the circumstances and share support systems and government programs that address women’s issues and concerns.
In line with this, the Philippine Commission on Women has set a roster of activities to be held throughout the month-long celebration:
1. Juana Laban sa Pandemya: Kaya! Online Forum Series
- 2021 March 03 - Juana, Nangunguna Laban sa Pandemya: This episode aims to feature inspirational stories and messages from women who managed to lead and thrive in our fight against the pandemic.
- 2021 March 08 - Kumusta ka, Juana?: PCW will feature practical tips in survival and recovery from the pandemic and government programs for women in hard-hit sectors.
- March 17, 2021 - Bida si Juana sa Panahon ng Corona: This episode aims to highlight the women’s contributions in addressing the pandemic and the disproportionate burden that they carry.
- March 23, 2021 - FYI, may FOI: This episode aims to empower Juanas through access to government information.
- March 31, 2021 - Juana Cares, We Care, Let EveryJuan Care: This episode will tackle the unpaid care work or the services that women provide in their homes and communities, from preparing food to taking care of children, the ill, and the elderly.
2. Online Advocacy
- 2021 NWMC Viber Sticker Pack
3. MusikJuana Songwriting Contest