Establishment and Operation of Philippine Electronics Product Development Center
The project focuses on the setting up of the Electronics Product Development Center (EPDC), a world-class facility designed to support the electronics industry by providing various technical support services to promote innovation and high value product development.
PHASE 1: The primary objective of this project is to establish and operate a product development center for the electronics industry that will house hardware and software tools and facilities which can be used by companies or schools to design develop and test hardware and software for electronics products for their intended applications.
1) To set-up infrastructure, tools and equipments for the electronics product development center.
2) To conduct human resource development of the workforce that will operate and manage the electronics product
development center through training and exposure to electronics product design flow.
3) To support future R&D projects that will utilize the tools and equipments provided in the product development center.
The primary objective of this project is to operate, enhance and expand the EPDC. This is seen as a catalyst in moving the electronics industry forward to R&D.
1. To complete the EMC test facility with the EMS capability.
2. To expand the capability and capacity of the Rapid PCB Prototyping facility.
3. To support electronic designers in the regions.
4. To secure international accreditation of the EMC facility.
|STATUS||Phase I- Completed
Phase II- Ongoing
|TARGET BENEFICIARIES:||- Electronics companies and other members of the supply chain
- Academic and other training institutions
- Engineering associations
- Government institutions
- Venture capitalists, SMEs
- OEMs, ODMs, Resellers
- Independent designers